So you’ve decided to take the jump and upgrade to System Center Operations Manager 2016? Assuming you are running a SCOM 2012R2 (UR11) environment, this post will be exactly what you need to have a successful SCOM 2012 R2 to SCOM 2016 upgrade. **Although the recommended path is to upgrade from UR9**
In my environment, here is the quick breakdown:
- SCOM 2012 R2 environment has two Management Servers.
- Handful of clients (Windows 2012R2) being monitored.
- Both Management Servers live on a Windows 2012 R2 operating system.
- Both Management Servers are running with UR 11 (Update Rollup) **Microsoft recommends upgrading the environment at latest version number minus one (latest – 1), so in this case, UR9 (UR10 was never issued for SCOM 2012R2)**.
- The SQL environment is a SQL Server 2014 SP2 also running on Windows 2012 R2.
- The Operations and Data Warehouse live on dedicated SQL instances, however reside on the…
View original post 572 more words