The vCenter Server Appliance is good for small business to start with. VMware raised the limit from 5 ESX host en 50 VM to 100 ESX host and 3000 VM’s and this all with the embedded database. If you use an external oracle database then the limits are the same as the windows version
There are still some limitation in the vcenter Server Appliance
- no sql support for external database
- no linked vcenter possible
- no vmware update manager. you still need to install this on separate machine
- no heartbeat support
To deploy the vCenter Server Appliance 5.x:
- Launch the vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client.
- Go to File > Deploy OVF Template.
- Browse to the location of the vCenter Server Appliance downloaded
.ovffile and click Open.
- In the OVF Template Details page, click Next.
- In Name and Location, enter the name of your…
View original post 72 more words