- Central publisher/distributor, multiple subscribers.
- Central Distributor, multiple publishers, multiple subscribers.
- Central Distributer, multiple publishers, single subscriber.
- Mixed Topology.
- The servers involved in log shipping should have the same logical design and collation setting.
- The databases in a log shipping configuration must use the full recovery model or bulk-logged recovery model.
- The SQL server agent should be configured to start up automatically.
- You must have sysadmin privileges on each computer running SQL server to configure log shipping.
- Verify that there are no differences in system collation settings between the principal and mirror servers.
- Verify that the local windows groups and SQL Server logins definitions are the same on both servers.
- Verify that external software components are installed on both the principal and the mirror servers.
- Verify that the SQL Server software version is the same on both servers.
- Verify that global assemblies are deployed on both…
View original post 639 more words